Friday, August 5, 2011

To add ads, or not to add ads?



I've had a lot of fun writing the Iselin Times over the course of the last year or so. My hits have been growing steadily, and I'm happy that that's the case. Blogging has been a fun and challenging hobby for me for the last several years. But now, I've been out of work for a while, and I'm trying to figure out some ideas for income. Ya know that saying, "Do what you love, and the money will follow?" Well, so far I haven't found that to be true. I love to write, but I don't love to sell things. I've been writing and writing, and I haven't seen any money following me anywhere.

So I did a lot of research and I found THIS web site that will sell LOCAL ads that I can host on the blog. (But please don't just randomly click on the ads unless you are really interested.  That's how I got into trouble with Google Adsense.) 

I'm optimistic, hoping that somehow I can make money by writing.

Well, optimistic, but let's not get crazy. I'm still looking for a job. Email me if you're interested in hiring me, lol...

Sue Kemper at iselin.home@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment