Sunday, August 28, 2011

Power Outages

At first, I couldn't quite figure out what these photos were. My friend emailed them to me, and she said that the sidewalk had MELTED! The photos were taken on Middlesex Turnpike in Iselin near the post office. Can you tell what they are? A downed power line! (I'm assuming that everyone stayed at a safe distance while the lines were live, right?  Because that looks DANGEROUS!)
Photo Credit Tal Zahn

Photo Credit Tal Zahn

So that's one of the reasons for all of the power outages. Another reason I hear is "transformer fires."
And a lot of my friends were being told that the power would not be restored until September 4th or 5th. BUT all day, I've been hearing from people, a few at a time, "HEY! My power's back!" It's great to see progress so quickly.

It should all be a distant memory by September.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment