Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Football Season in Merrill Park

Sure, it's a quiet morning in Merrill Park, but it won't be so quiet this afternoon.  Because it's already August.  And August is when conditioning starts.  And so Monday through Friday, the park is crazy, filled with people.  I love it!

When my kids were little, one of my sons wanted to play football, so I signed him up and I was then introduced to football season in Merrill Park.  There are more little football players and cheerleaders in Merrill Park on an August evening than in the fall, because of the conditioning, practice, and learning that goes on.  As autumn begins, and school starts, and the regular football games get underway, the park is less crowded.  But this time of year, the park is THE place to be.

If your son wants to play football, the President of the Saint Cecelia's Golden Knights, Lou Truppa, told me that it isn't too late to join them.  You will find St. Cecelia's teams in Merrill Park - they are the "sea of gold" - and you can ask for Dave Berry, who will help you get started.  You can check the St. Cecelia's website HERE for more information.

The other option is the Iselin Giants, who also play Pop Warner football.  There website is HERE.  But I haven't heard back from them, so I'm not sure if it's too late. 

Are you ready for some football????



No comments:

Post a Comment