Monday, November 21, 2011

What I'd REALLY like for Christmas...

...is a little more space around here, to put things away!  It's hard to clean up because I have a LOT of stuff, and no garage or basement. I don't need a bigger house, but I am so envious of people with garage storage cabinets.

It's only a few more days before the holidays begin.  I was cleaning up the house this afternoon, getting ready for company, and I realized that I have so much stuff that has no "place".   You know, like my momma always said - a place for everything, and everything in it's place.  Well, not around here.   I wish.


 I have so many hobbies, and all the equipment that goes with them - camping stuff and arts and craft supplies and sewing things, to name a few. I need somewhere to put things; my closets are already full, and it seems like I'm always just shifting things around, from the corner of one room to the corner of another. It makes it much harder to really get organized.

So I was thinking, if I HAD a garage or basement, I would have it filled with garage cabinets and shelves. But all I have is a laundry room. It's small, but why can't it be more efficient? It should be more organized.   If I had the right kind of cabinets, I could probably find a permanent place for more of my stuff. So I went online, and I found a bunch of really nice steel storage cabinets at Arrow Spacemaker.com.  They seem really heavy duty, and I even like the color they come in!

So, I'm going to give my husband a link to the Arrow Spacemaker Storage Cabinets site, and suggest that for our Christmas gift to each other, we remodel the laundry room.  I think he'll agree, because the mess bothers him even more than it bothers me; he'll be glad to finally get my craft supplies put away!

No comments:

Post a Comment