Monday, November 21, 2011

From the Home News Tribune Police Blotter

 I just saw this article in the Home News Tribune Police Blotter on MyCentralJersey.com, which you can read HERE:

Car with keys in ignition stolen

WOODBRIDGE: A 22-year-old Iselin man’s car was stolen from a Woodbridge Center Mall parking lot after he left it unlocked with the keys in the ignition.
About 8:30 p.m. Nov. 16, police were dispatched to the Olive Garden restaurant at Woodbridge Center for a report of a theft of a motor vehicle.
The 22-year-old Iselin man told police he parked his car in the lot about 7 a.m. Nov. 16 and noticed it was gone about 8:30 p.m.
The vehicle had been left unlocked with the keys in the ignition, police said.

I feel bad for the guy.  I know people figure nothing will happen.  It's not true.  Sure, I love Iselin, and I believe it's a pretty safe place, but I also know I shouldn't tempt fate.  

So - the moral of my story is - please lock your doors, and take your keys with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment