Sunday, November 20, 2011

Can Iselin win the Readers Digest Sweepstakes?

There's this Readers Digest sweepstakes thing I got in an email, and I decided to enter Iselin in the sweepstakes.  The form I filled out asked me what I would do with the money if we won; well, I LOVE the arts, and I would love to see an Iselin Arts Council.  Iselin is such a beautiful place, I would love it if we could celebrate that.  Art teachers from our local schools could be on the council, along with musicians,  and dance troupes... Hey, isn't it fun to imagine all the different ways you could spend the money if you hit the lottery?  Yeah...

Well, it turns out that it isn't just a lottery; it's won by having the most votes.  And the weird thing about THAT is that everyone can vote AS MUCH AS THEY WANT.  And we're already #265 (well, we were when I looked last) and I'm the only one who voted. So, if you think it's a good idea, log on and vote about a million times, and maybe we'll win something!  At the very least, maybe we could get an Iselin "Day of Art" out of it, with a decent band and dancers and an art show!  (That would be fun for me, anyway!)  Well, these are the prizes:
Editors' Picks
Cheers from 50 States
One of the smallest entrants in the 2011 "We Hear You America" contest, the remote town of Grand Marais, MI is home to only 300 people but received a phenomenal 1,281,724 votes to capture the top cash award! The town promised to use the $40,000 prize to help restore its status as a "harbor of refuge" to vehicles on the often turbulent waters of Lake Superior, which laps at the town's edge.

NO PURCHASE, ONLINE SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN ENTRY'S CHANCE OF WINNING
Voting ends March 1, 2012. 


Remember, every vote gets your town closer to winning -- and you can vote as often as you want each day.

CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE WEBSITE TO VOTE... and remember - vote early, vote often!  And tell all your friends... Vote a bunch of times!  Go Iselin!

No comments:

Post a Comment