Thursday, April 1, 2010

Time to think about GARDENING!


I've been working on my garden today, and I've been referring to this book a lot.

Given that my whole yard here in Iselin is 50' x 100', which includes the house and shed and driveway and front yard and patio, I don't have much space to work with. But I'm planning on having a SERIOUS garden this year anyway.

This book is perfect for me. It's simple and easy to put into practice, and the garden plan makes a lot of sense.

It's going to be beautiful this weekend, although it's still too cold to put in the tomatos... but you might want to check out this book for some planning before the planting. I highly recommend it.

And oh yeah - if you click on the Ad, Amazon even has a video that you can watch to learn all about it!

3 comments:

  1. I have also used this book and highly recommend it. I did the square foot gardening for a long time and it did work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i took a chance and planted tomatoes. the nursery said it was too early, so i put the plants into pots. of course, it turned cold this week, so i put the plants under a big lilac bush that's blooming. i figure the lilac will protect the tomatoes. *crossing my fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your lilac is blooming, it might be ok for your tomatos. If it gets really cold at night, you might want to cover them lightly with a big black trash bag... but don't forget to uncover them in the morning!

    ReplyDelete