Thursday, April 29, 2010

Emergency Responders

The funny thing about the "Iselin Times" is that the name implies that this should be a place you go to get the news, right?  But no, it's actually more of a joke than a real name.  This isn't the place for news.  If this was the place for news, I'd have all the details about all of the accidents and fires and break-ins and things.  I don't have that kind of stories.

Tonight, I was washing dishes and a saw the flickering lights through my kitchen window that mean there are emergency service vehicles outside.  I wondered what was going on.  I really should figure out how to work that police scanner radio thingy I got for Christmas that year.  But anyway, I went to take a walk, and this is what I saw.

Now, if this was really the Times, I would be able to tell you what was going on that brought so many fire trucks and things to my neighborhood.  But instead, I will tell you what I do know.  And that is this... Iselin has many dedicated volunteers, of all ages, who give up hours of their own time to jump and run when someone needs help.

And that's a great thing about Iselin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment