Friday, April 9, 2010

Garage Sale Weekends



I was thinking about retail, and I started thinking about the kinds of sales going on here in Iselin, and it occurred to me that this weekend and next weekend are the designated weekends for Garage Sales here in town.  The township has set specific streets to have garage sales this weekend, and specific streets to have garage sales next weekend.  

I know some people will be having their garage sales tomorrow, at least one family I know on North Lincoln in Colonia, so go visit and buy something and say Hi!  (You can mapquest exactly where North Lincoln Avenue is in Colonia, right?)

I am still thinking about it... should I have a garage sale next weekend?  I'm not sure how much stuff I have to get rid of... but I have no other plans anyway, right?  So maybe... I'll let you know.  When I was a kid, my mom had garage sales here every once in a while.  It was fun, but we never made much money.  I, personally, prefer SHOPPING at the sales.  You never know what kind of a bargain you can get.  A few weeks ago, I went to a yard sale and bought a bag of pearl necklaces for $10.  Sure, they probably aren't real, but I actually do like a few of them... I think that was a serious bargain, and it was so much fun!

If you are going to have a sale at your house, feel free to comment below and let us know where!

No comments:

Post a Comment