Thursday, April 8, 2010

Retail - Part 1

I'm rather upset. I went to buy a new canvas and paints, because I wanted to paint a new painting. So I went to Pearl, over next to Toys R Us, across from Woodbridge Center.
As I walked up, it seemed... wrong. I wasn't sure what the problem was. I couldn't tell at first.
But then, as I walked closer, I saw that Pearl is closed. Pearl has been there since I was in High School. That's a lot of years.
So today, for my post about Retail in Iselin, is just simply the comment that retail is certainly having trouble. Who could ever imagine that Pearl would close? Or, even more strange, that Woodbridge Center would lose an anchor store like Fortunoff? I still miss Fortunoff. And I'm definitely going to miss Pearl.
But stay tuned for tomorrow's post, where I'll talk about Retail, part 2...

3 comments:

  1. Sue-

    I remember when that store was either Service Merchandise or some other department store.

    It's a shame that Pearl is out, but for the sake of Iselin, the real question is which store is coming in? There is a store coming in, right?

    This can be an opportunity for someone else to grow their business in the diverseness that is Iselin!

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is inevitable, but I'll miss Pearl. But you are right, with so many people in this area, the available retail space seems like a great opportunity for the right business. I was wondering if we could....
    No, never mind, I'm not thinking about opening a store (this week) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Hobby Lobby will move in. I found that store in Wilson, Pa and it is great. It is a cross between AC Moore, Joanne Fabrics and Pier 1 They have EVERYTHING.
    Jude

    ReplyDelete