Friday, September 23, 2011

MADE IN THE USA


Why did I not think of this sooner?

I've been reading economics articles and books and researching a lot of $$$ kinds of things lately, mainly to try and educate myself.  And one of the things that really worries me is the amount of products that are manufactured outside of the USA; because we need American jobs, and sure, the things made overseas are cheaper, but what is it costing our country, indirectly?





And, in the meantime, I've been trying to start my Christmas Shopping.  And I've been finding some good sales, and buying things a little at a time.  (So that's why I'm saying - I wish I thought of this sooner!)

Well, for the gifts I have left to buy, at least, I've decided... I'm buying AMERICAN MADE ONLY.  And I just realized that I don't have to go to a store and look at every single label.  I can go online, and find out what manufacturers are making things here, and buy from them!


So I googled it, and came up with this website:  StillMadeInUSA.com. And they have ALL KINDS of things that are made in the USA.   And I can save money by shopping on line, right?  And I still have time to support the USPS by having them deliver it regular mail, where that is an option.

Sure, it might cost more.  But hey, less is more, I hear.  Plus, it's more important to help the USA than it is to buy more cheap sh*t for people... 'cause really, no one I know really even needs much of anything.

So that's what I'm gonna do for my Christmas Shopping from here on in, and I hope other people do too!




glitter-graphics.com

3 comments:

  1. Good post, Sue! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Karen :) Keep up the good work! I really want to push this all during the holidays. I want this to go viral!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that Diane Sawyer of World News has been reporting on things made in America. I hope that the show continues to focus on the subject.

    Thank you for the encouraging words. You do the same. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete