Monday, September 26, 2011

Get Some Work Done


One of the differences between my blog and a newspaper is ME. I'm not a reporter kind of person.  I don't dig deep to get all the details.  I observe, and I like to show you what I've observed, but I'm not going to be the person who makes a million phone calls to figure out what is going on behind the scenes, unless I'm realllly curious about something. 

I took a nice walk the other day, and saw these machines digging up the lawn behind School 26.  I decided to take a few pictures, because I always like to see work being done; and I wanted to show them to you, because I thought you might be interested too.

It seems like some work needed to be done on the storm drain pipes behind the school.  And the work got done, and now they are finished, and they've seeded the field, and grass should be growing back there again soon. I like to see work getting done, even if I didn't know it needed to get done.

That's the thing about infrastructure.  It's a big word, and it's important, and it's probably expensive.

Infrastructure is defined on Wikipedia as
"basic physical and organizational structures needed for the operation of a society or enterprise,[1] or the services and facilities necessary for an economy to function.[2] The term typically refers to the technical structures that support a society, such as roads, water supply, sewers, electrical grids, telecommunications, and so forth, and can be defined as "the physical components of interrelated systems providing commodities and services essential to enable, sustain, or enhance societal living conditions."[3]

So I like to see some work being done.  And I'm hoping all of our politicians and the staff that they hire are keeping up with all of the infrastructure needs of our community.  Because that's what we elect them for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment