Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11 Anniversary Candle Memorial - (Facebook Event)

How are you going to commemorate 9/11?

I saw this event on Facebook; you can see it HERE.
The idea is that on 9/11/11 at dusk, everyone should light 3 candles outside their homes (similar to what was done those first couple of nights after the attack).

Each of the candles should be a different color, red, white and blue: A red candle for fire/ems, blue for police/military and white for all the civilians that died that day.

"With the anniversary of 9/11 drawing fast upon us, I would like to propose an idea for a tribute to all that lost their lives on that fateful day," the facebook page says. "That very first night I remember how moved I felt driving down the street and seeing all the lit candles in front of all my neighbor's homes. There are no words that can describe the loss and pain of that day, so let our actions speak for us!! Light your candles to show the world we will never forget September 11th, show the survivors that we still are thinking about them and to all those that lost loved ones that we still grieve with them!!"

When: Sunday, September 11 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm 
Where: Right where you are! Outside in front of your home, apartment, where ever you happen to be!!

So, let's all be a part of this. Go shopping and pick up some candles:

RED: for the FDNY firefighters and EMS workers
BLUE: for the NYPD and PAPD officers and Military
WHITE: for all the citizens that were lost that day.




glitter-graphics.com

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for promoting this candle memorial. I believe that candles are a very important part of the memory of September 11th.

    Unfortunately, the newly opened National September 11 Memorial in Lower Manhattan does not allow candles. I have been trying to work with management at the memorial to change the policy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that candles should be allowed at the Memorial. I hope that the management is willing to work with you and change that.

    I read quite a few of your blog entries... I am so sorry for your loss; I wish you peace...

    ReplyDelete