Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Favorite Zucchini Recipe

Zucchini Bread (well, it's kinda like a pound cake...)

Well, first off, ya oughta know - when I made this, I doubled the recipe. I have way too many zucchinis. But it's not a great idea to double it, so I'm giving you the regular quantities. But that's why my pictures look a bit off.

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons double acting baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
2/3 cup salad oil
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel - Don't leave this out, it's really important!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and grease two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 loaf pans - I used the aluminum throw away ones.

I start by getting out the old box grater, and grating the zucchini on the coarse side, and then the lemon peel - not the white, just the peel! - on the fine side.


In a medium bowl, I beat up the eggs a little, then add the oil, and then combine it with the zucchini and lemon zest.











After that, I mix up all the dry ingredients in a larger bowl. Blend the dry ingredients together well so there are no lumps.









Then combine the wet with the dry. Make sure you get them all combined, but don't mix it too much!

Spread it in the pans and bake it for about an hour.

That's it! Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment