Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Last Night of the Iselin Fair
for 2011, at least...

My friends and I on Friday Night
Tonight is the last night of the Iselin Fair for 2011, so if you've missed it all week, you still have a chance to get there.  I went last night... you won't see me there tonight.  Sorry if I missed you.

I am a person who truly believes in accentuating the positive.  I like to look at the bright side in everything.  And I started this whole blog thingy specifically to let people know that at least SOME of us still love Iselin.  I'm still a resident, and I'm still happy here.  And I had great memories, but I believe that I also have a great "here and now" - and a great future, too!

But now, let's talk about the Iselin Fair.  No, it really isn't the same as it used to be.  I'm sorry.  Not even I can say that the Iselin Fair is spectacular.

On the other hand... I had a really great time last night.  But that was because a lot of the people that I went to the fair with in the old days were there with me.  And a few people I didn't know back then, but enjoyed talking to last night.

On the negative side:  it was pretty empty, even last night.  And the rides didn't seem to work out.  I feel bad for the church, because it seems like the ride company must have messed them up.  (Of course, I don't go on the rides.)
The food choices weren't as wonderful as they used to be. (Of course, I had a Maglione's Italian Ice, and the Pizza, which was really good.  And I don't need to eat that much anyway.)  Obviously, the whole tradition of having the fair on the other side of the tracks has been broken.  (Of course, I always thought the fair was more about the people than about the place, so as sad as it is, it's not that big a deal to me.)

On the positive side:  the music was really good.  Someone must have explained things to the DJ, because he looked like a kid, but he played all of the right songs.  And like I said, I was with some of the people I've been friends with for 35 years, and that's what it's all about.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment