Friday, July 15, 2011

HAIRSPRAY is a HIT!

I love to go to the Plays in the Park in Roosevelt.  I always have a great time.  The production of Hairspray made me fall in love with the Plays all over again, though.

How can you beat a cool summer night, outside, a full moon, a fabulous theatrical production, song and dance - all for only $7.00?  I look forward to this every summer, and I wish every play was as much fun as Hairspray!

I took a few pictures, but they aren't as good as the pictures on the Plays in the Park website.  And nothing is as good as seeing this production live and in person.  I haven't seen the movie yet, and so I had no idea what to expect.  Hairspray takes place in Baltimore in the 1960's.  It's about dancing, and style, and segregation, and integration, and why can't we all just get along?  And even though it deals with serious topics, it's a LOT of fun.


All of the actors were great.  Tracy Turnblad, the main character, is played by Melanie Porras.  Melanie has a great voice and she made you really root for Tracy.  Edna Turnblad, Tracy's mom, is played by Richard Colonna -- with GREAT comedic timing and effect.

  
So my suggestion is to find a few folding chairs, and go see this play before it's too late!


For more details about getting to the play, please see my previous post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment