Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Graffiti at Kennedy Park

I always prefer to look at the positive things in town, and I hate to dwell on the negative things.
However, I also don't want to bury my head in the sand. Truth is truth.
This is a video taken of an Iselin playground. It's located at Kennedy Park.
It shows the graffiti all over the playground equipment. It isn't something you would want your children reading.

So, these are my thoughts.
Kids can be very thoughtless and rebellious. They can make a lot of stupid mistakes. They also get bored easily.
I have teenagers. I know it's really hard to keep track of everything they are involved in. And it's important that they start becoming independent. You really can't follow them around all day every day. I know.
But if the Sean, Carly or Shelly named in the video were my kids, I'd definitely want to find out what they have been doing this summer.
And I KNOW, I KNOW... I've heard it before from my own kids.... "But mom, it wasn't me, it was (INSERT NAME HERE.) I wouldn't do that, I know better."
And you WANT to believe them. Because yes, you DID raise them better than that.
But if I had some thought that it was my kid involved? Even just being there, not actually writing anything?
I'd make them scrub the playground.
(If you receive the Iselin Times in an email, you'll have to come directly to the web site to see the video.)

No comments:

Post a Comment