Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Letters from Iselinites

I love getting emails! Here is one I got today:
Hello from an old Iselin resident, 1951 - 1982.

The exit sign above and to the right, on the Garden state Parkway, has Iselin signifigance, it used to say Rahway-Metuchen. Tex Perry, from the chamber of commerce campaigned heavily with the state DOT etc to get Iselin added. Eventually, he succeeded. I recently saw a pic of Tex holding a sign that read "Iselin" at the southbound exit where it meets Hwy 27; the sign there read Rahway (with an arrow to the left) and Metuchen (with an arrow to the right).
Sorry to have missed your video.

Garry Snyder
Formerly residing at 57 Plymouth Dr (Hilltop) by the old Shop Rite
JFK class of 67
Montclair State 71
Now in Georgia outside of Atlanta

I remember that sign saying Rahway - Metuchen! Does anyone else?

OK, and the video... does it show up for everyone??? Because I'm still seeing it when I scroll down. Please let me know - can you see it, or has it disappeared? You can email me, or click the poll over on the right side of your screen... see it over there, right above the weather?

One last thing... the location of the airport... help me here; was it over where Home Depot is now - the one by the Turnpike, near Walmart? When did it close down?
I love to get emails!

No comments:

Post a Comment