Saturday, February 18, 2012

An Infographic about the new NEWS

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I'm not really a journalist. I don't have the same instincts, and I don't have the ability to "get the story no matter what." I'm also not always interested in the really NEWS stuff going on - the budget stuff, the legal stuff, the government stuff. Or, I may be interested, but I don't feel like I have the complete grasp of all the nuances and background information.

I never wanted to be a newspaper reporter or photographer. I wanted to write, and take photos, but on my own terms. So, with this blog, I have the freedom to do just that. I'm really lucky. I write what I like, for my own personal reasons. Something bothers me, I'll write about it. Mostly, I'm in my happy little world, and Iselin is a really good place for a happy little world.

The world is changing. Sure, it's pretty nice right here and right now, but there are plenty of injustices out there. And it isn't just reporters that have access to the "media" anymore... so, even though I'm not a reporter, I'm able to spread my own words to a potentially large audience.

This graphic was very interesting. It shows how the world of journalism, particularly photojournalism, is changing. And I have to say, I'm happy about the changes. I'm sure that not everyone is, though... and I'm REALLY glad I didn't try to be a reporter or photojournalist...

iphone journalism
Source: http://frugaldad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment