Monday, June 27, 2011

Fireworks All Around Iselin

The Fourth of July is a spectacular holiday - and this year, I'm going to really celebrate.  But I definitely want to make my plans early...so I did a little research. I love fireworks.

Well, to be clear, I love professional firework displays, put on by the experts.  I DON'T love it when my teenagers want to shoot off firecrackers.  I worry too much.  I've heard of plenty of people getting injured from shooting off their own firecrackers.  I'm also pretty certain it's illegal to "manufacture, store, sell, transport, use, dispose of, or possess explosives in any manner."  (And yes, firecrackers are explosives.)

And yet - I've been getting junk mail from places that sell fireworks over in Pennsylvania - they sell them, but I don't think it's legal to shoot them off in that state either! 

So anyway - here are some places that you can go to see Fireworks, have a great time, and be safe.  Make your plans early, and have fun!


July 1st 

Alvin P. Williams Memorial Park in Sewaren - (Rain Date, July 2nd)- Gates open at 4:00 - bring chairs or blankets, and maybe some bug spray! You can look at the town's flyer HERE.

July 2nd

Sayreville's Kennedy Park Independence Day Celebration - - (Rain Date, July 3rd) - 4:00 PM - free rides, musical entertainment and food available - entertainment at 7:00 pm, Glen Burtnik and Friends "Summer of Love Experience" Music from the Woodstock era.

July 3rd 

Red Bank "KaBoomfest" - Be sure to check their website HERE! Transportation is available on the North Jersey Coast Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment