Saturday, June 18, 2011

COACH JERRY SMITH
APPOINTED HEAD BASEBALL COACH
AT NEW JERSEY CITY

I was scanning the news online today, and came across this article. Now, I'm not a sports person, so normally I don't read the sports stuff at all. But I know this guy from JFK High School! So, I reprinted part of the article here. I haven't had a chance to talk to Coach Smith at all, but I want to tell him - Congratulations Coach Smith! I hope you hit it out of the park! (Or whatever the appropriate sports metaphor is!)


Click here to see the whole story: New Jersey City University - JERRY SMITH APPOINTED HEAD BASEBALL COACH AT NEW JERSEY CITY
JERSEY CITY, NJ (NJCUGothicKnights.com) | Accomplished high school coach JEREMIAH 'JERRY' SMITH, JR. has been selected as the 11th head baseball coach in the 65-year history of the New Jersey City University baseball program for the 2012 season.
Smith, 33, makes the jump to the college level after seven successful seasons at JFK Memorial High School in Iselin, NJ, where he posted a 120-70 record (.632) from 2005-11, culminating in capturing the 2009 New Jersey Group III state championship and the North II, Group II state sectional crown. The 2009 Greater Middlesex Conference (GMC) and 2008 Home News Tribune Coach of the Year, he guided the Mustangs to GMC division titles in 2008 and 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment