Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Beautiful Day -- and a beautiful Photo contest!

Photo Credit  Ellen Ghiano
What a day!  I almost felt like it was summer today... and the sun even came out.  I really thought it was going rain all day, when I first woke up this morning.  Thank goodness for the sun, because it takes some of the edge off my crankiness -- I'm having trouble with this whole "spring ahead" thing.

My friend Ellen took this beautiful photo of daffodils in her Iselin garden, and it made me think. There are so many different views of Iselin, but I usually focus mostly on the view outside my own window. You must get sick of seeing the same pictures from me all the time. If I could get cool photos of other views of Spring in Iselin, that would be really great. I wonder... would anyone be interested in an Iselin photo contest???

I don't know if anyone will enter, but I've decided I want to try. So I'm putting it out there, and I'm going to keep it simple, because I'm not sure what kind of interest I'll get. For the prize, I'll buy a 2.5 gallon of Maglione's Italian Ice for the winner - but you are going to have to pick it up!

 So these are the rules... but I reserve the right to add more rules if I think I forgot something!

"SPRING IN ISELIN" PHOTO CONTEST RULES 

Deadline to enter is April 15th.
Take a picture of something that means "Spring in Iselin" to you, and I'll pick one photo to win a 2.5 gallon container of Maglione's Italian Ice,  (which you'll have to pick up in Iselin!)

You can take a picture of anything you want, but I have the right to turn down photos that are inappropriate or negative.

You have to promise that YOU are the person who took the photo, and that you have all rights to the photo. Nothing copyrighted or shared from somewhere else.

You are giving me the right to use the photo, whether you win or not.  But I'll give you credit whenever I use it.  And I reserve the right to NOT use the photo, for whatever reason I might have.

I will choose the winner - I might ask for other judges to help me if I have trouble deciding.  If it's really close and I can't decide, I might take my top choices and decide the best one at random. But my decision is final.

Obviously, I have to be able to see the photo in order to decide. You can either send me a .jpeg file in an email, at Iselin.home@yahoo.com, or you can tag Iselin Times in it on Facebook. If I see it, and it's in the running, I'll post it on the Iselin Times.

I'm going to limit it to no more than three (3) photo entries per person.

Remember, it's for fun.  I hope people are interested and enter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment