Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Iselin's Kyle Anderson
Named to Town Council

Congratulations, Kyle Anderson! I just read this article on Woodbridge InJersey, which you can visit by clicking HERE:

Kyle Anderson to become first black councilman in Woodbridge
by Sergio Bichao on Woodbridge InJersey on Jan 18th

WOODBRIDGE, NJ -- The Township Council next week will welcome the first black member to the panel.

Kyle Anderson was selected by the township’s Democratic committee to finish the term of former Councilwoman Patricia Osborne, who resigned last month. The council is expected to vote on his appointment next Tuesday at 7.

The history-making move was announced by Mayor John E. McCormac yesterday during the township’s tribute to Martin Luther King Jr.

Anderson, who lives in Woodbridge proper and grew up in Iselin, is known in the community as a youth recreation coach, the six-year president of the Iselin Giants, president of the Fifth Quarter Club at Woodbridge High School, and member of the Woodbridge Housing Authority.

“I’ve been representing residents of Woodbridge on the scale of representing their children in many youth organizations. . . and I’ve been on the housing authority representing many of our senior citizens and lower income families. I felt this was an opportunity for me to represent the township on a larger scale,” he said Tuesday.

Anderson, 42, is married with five children, ages 4 to 16, and works in pharmaceutical sales.

As anyone in Iselin can probably tell you, Kyle Anderson is a very nice guy. I met him when my youngest son was playing football for the Iselin Giants. I don't know him very well, but I'm sure he'll do a great job representing us in Town Hall. Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment