Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Welcome 2011!  Today is 1 - 1- 11.  It is starting out as a good year, open and full of possibilities.

Just a few things to think about in the coming year... My resolutions, sort of... actually, things that we can all try to do, to make the world a little better... what would YOU add to this list?....

-- I'm going to try to conserve energy more.  I waste electricity and gas all the time, and it costs me money and hurts the earth too.  I need to use less STUFF and consume less energy and get used to less in general.

-- I'm going to try to eat healthier, more often (not counting parties, of course! ) and exercise more.  Seriously, I really am.  I'm going back to the gym.  Seriously!

--I'm going to try to be nicer to everyone around me, all the time.  I'm going to try to be especially nicer to those who mean the most to me; sometimes,  you take those people for granted the most.  I'm going to call my mother more, and go visit my aunts and uncles who are getting older and I don't see very often.

-- In Shop Rite, I will try to be more aware of where I am, and not get so busy looking at the food that my cart is blocking everyone else from getting by. (And I hope EVERYONE ELSE makes this SAME resolution, lol!)

-- When I'm driving, I will try to not be in such a rush that I get all mad at people who are slower than me, and I will let people merge when they need to, because I need to merge sometimes too.

-- When I'm in a store or a fast food place, and someone is working, I'll try not to be impatient with them, because they are probably tired and cranky... I would be tired and cranky if I was waiting on all the cranky customers...

-- I'm going to try to figure out what I want out of my life, and then DO it.  Even if it's really BIG, why not at least try?  (I started this resolution last year, and it's been working really great.  I highly recommend it to everyone!)

-- I'm going to try to live in the moment as much as I can.  RIGHT NOW, everything is fine.  I'm sitting here at my computer and I'm warm and comfortable.  What's the point of obsessing over what went wrong yesterday, or worrying about what I have to do tomorrow?  I'm happy right NOW, so I'm happy, right?

-- I'm not going to expect to be entertained all the time.  Life isn't really supposed to be all about fun and excitement at every moment of the day.  Sometimes, maybe most of the time, just "pleasant" or "humdrum" or "Ok" is ok.  The status quo is middle of the road is good enough, and I really don't need more.

-- Last but not least -- I'm gonna try to find a really good, steady, long-term,  job this year!!! If you know of anyone who's hiring, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment