Monday, November 12, 2012

What do you hear?

So, what's new?

It's getting so that I'm almost afraid to ask that question, because there are really bad things happening lately!  Like, for example, I hear that a lot of the area has lost power again because the Sewaren station is out again.  (Just when you think things are going to be approaching normal again soon!)

It was the first day back to work for me, and it was difficult to hear about some of the things happening to people without crying.   And the weather - it was beautiful out today, which was a good thing, but it made me think about the shore, and that just made me think about how weird it will be next summer, if things can't get built up again soon.

But, on the plus side, I read that Christie is dropping the odd/even gas rationing system, starting tomorrow.  And some people are slowly being allowed back to their homes down the shore, at least to grab some things.  And I read that they will be using the Fort Monmouth army base to house people - that's a good idea, as far as I can tell.  And there are many different food drives and clothes collections and fundraisers all around to help the victims of Sandy.

What's new with you?  Have you heard anything interesting you would like to share?  Just leave a comment, or email me at iselin.home@yahoo.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment