Monday, November 12, 2012

Christmas is Coming!

My Gram used to recite a poem...

Christmas is coming,
The geese are getting fat,
So please put a penny in the old man's hat!
If you haven't a penny, 
a Halfpenny will do,
and if you haven't got a Halfpenny, 
then God Bless You!

I suppose you've heard that poem already, haven't you?

ANYWAY...
What I really wanted to write about was this infographic I saw on Facebook:


Now, before you say anything about this statement, I want to go on record with the following:
I have NO IDEA if the numbers are true or not.  I have NO IDEA who did the research.  Hey, I saw it on Facebook so it must be true, right??? (no, not really.  It MIGHT be true.  It might not.)

However, I still think it makes sense.  Every time we buy something from another country, we send money out of our country.  And I know several people who have small, local businesses, who would appreciate the sales!  Like, for example, take a look at the shops on Etsy.com - they are usually artists who would like to earn some money for the art, crafts, jewelry, etc that they produce. 
It's the same thing I said last year.  It isn't easy to find stuff made in the USA, but it is a really good idea to try!  

And I haven't gone to the "madeinusachallenge.com" website yet, but I'm going to do that next, and I'll see what it says.  And you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment