Monday, November 5, 2012

Getting back to "normal"

My own family's power came back on yesterday, so I can finally do my normal activities around the house, including blogging here on the Iselin Times. It's been a long time without electricity, and it's nice to get back to "normal". However, it's hard to say that it will be normal, considering how much of our state has been irrevocably changed. Now that my own house is in order again, it's time to consider how to best help those who are still affected. 

But first of all - I need to say thank you. It's November already, and Thanksgiving season, and it is the time of year when we think about being grateful for all the blessings we have received throughout the year. This year, in spite of how much damage has been done, many of us can be very grateful that it wasn't even worse. First and foremost, I'm grateful that more people weren't killed in the storm. I pray for the people who have lost someone, or lost their homes, because of this tragedy.

I am also very grateful for the people across the country who are here to help - like these electric company trucks from Illinois, helping Iselin restore electricity. And of course like the Police, Fire, EMS, and CERT workers.

And so many neighbors helping neighbors. 
I am very grateful for good neighbors.


In the parking lot across from the Jose Tejas



So - THANK YOU to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment