Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Brush Pile at Merrill Park

Check this out!




I was driving through Merrill Park, and saw this HUGE brush pile in the parking lot by the playground.  These photos don't even do it justice, because it is three dimensional - it's this big all the way around, if you know what I mean.  It's hard to get an idea of the scale in these pictures.


The whole parking lot is blocked off, and a guy is sitting there keeping an eye on things.  I asked him about it, and he said it's the tree limbs from pretty much the whole township. 

And there is also a huge pile of mulch - where they've been chipping up the brush, I guess.

Well, I was impressed, anyway.  A lot of work has been done by a lot of people taking down all of these trees and branches and moving them here, and then getting them chipped up into mulch.

I'm thankful, this Thanksgiving, about a lot of things.  One of the things I'm most thankful for is the fact that we live in a place that didn't have too much damage in the storm, and that we have the infrastructure in place to help fix things up when they break down.  I hope the other towns in NJ are doing well, too...


No comments:

Post a Comment