Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What can you do on a scorcher like today?

It's gonna be HOT again today!  A heat advisory remains in effect until 8 PM,  with "heat index values generally from 99 to 104 this afternoon"!!!  Plus, thunderstorms should be rolling through, any time from 1 or 2 o'clock on.  I HATE thunderstorms!  Although at least I don't have any big trees about to break at my house anymore - I feel better about that - I still worry about the lightening.  Do you?

So... What can you do on a day like today?  Well, personally, I plan on hitting the mall.

I've been reading a lot lately about how important exercise, like walking, is.  So I think I'll do the mall walking thing, in the AC at Woodbridge Center.  I was over there briefly yesterday, too, and let me tell you that the air conditioning felt good to me.  It wasn't TOO cold - they are conserving energy too - but it was very pleasant.  I'm gonna pick up my iced green tea at Starbucks, and stroll around and window shop.

While I'm walking I can check out all the sales.  Yesterday I saw hand towels for sale in Sears for like $1.99, which seems like a good price.  Plus, I can start thinking about my Christmas shopping.  I guess if you have kids it would be a good time to start "Back to School" shopping, but my kids are a little past that point now.

And if you don't feel like shopping, and you aren't into walking, they have plenty of nice seating areas to hang out at. 



So maybe I'll see you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment