Thursday, July 19, 2012

FOOTLOOSE is Wonderful!

I went to see Footloose last night, and I have to tell you, it was wonderful!  We have so many talented kids around here, don't we?  These actors and dancers and singers are amazingly talented, and I won't be at all surprised to find them on bigger Broadway stages someday in the future.
 
Footloose is the story of a Chicago boy who "can't stand still", and who is transplanted to a small Texas town.  Because of a tragedy, the town of Bomont has outlawed dancing - and the teens in town are ready to rebel once Ren is there to lead the way.  I remember seeing Footloose in the movies years ago, with Kevin Bacon as the lead character, and I remembered many of the songs as they were sung; you probably will recognize them too.  And I was so impressed by the entire cast and crew.  The characters were well acted and believable, the jokes were funny, and the songs were infectious.  It was all around a wonderful performance.

One of the best things about the performance was the dancing, and I'm not just saying that because my niece is a dancer... although yes, my niece is a FABULOUS dancer! But all of the performers were great. 

You really should go see Footloose while you have the chance.  Tickets are available at the Box Office, while they last... go see it tonight!  

The Theater at Woodbridge Middle School (525 Barron Ave., Woodbridge)
Shows start at 7:30 Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and at 2:00 on Sunday.  Doors open about an hour before the performance.  Tickets $15.00 each.
Box Office Hours are 5 - 7:15 PM.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment