Friday, February 18, 2011

Nora's Deli
on Avenel Street!

I just had a GREAT lunch at Nora's on Avenel Street.  Have you ever eaten there?  I know a lot of Iselin people go there all the time.

I tried Nora's for the first time just recently.  All those years I was missing out; they've been around since 1997.
Now that I've tried it, it's my favorite place...  you can't beat the food!  Delicious, and really generous portions!   Plus, it's a really friendly place, small and neighborly.  Nora is a lovely hostess, and she makes the place feel like home.


My son Nick and I went to Nora's for lunch the other day.  He ordered the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, and that was what made me think of doing a blog post on Nora's. That salad was HUGE! It came out on two plates, there was so much.

So we went back today, since it was a school holiday. Nick, being a teenager, was working on breakfast - a ham and cheese omelet - while I was already on to lunch. I got the famous 10 oz burger, and it was everything you could ask for in a burger, just perfect, juicy and delicious.  I didn't finish it all, I just couldn't.  I ate so much, I probably won't even be hungry for dinner tonight. :)


I told Nora that I was going to put the restaurant on my blog, and she said it was fine with her.  She also said I could mention that she's looking for one more good waitress.  I know a lot of people are looking for work, so if you've got waitressing skills, stop in and see if you're the right person for the job.

Nora's Deli (it's certainly more than just a deli) is open from Tuesday to Saturday from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and Sunday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.  Oh yeah - and they even deliver.  Stop in for a nice meal out this weekend, and tell them I said hi!

2 comments:

  1. What happened to that thieven delivery man, Don, that worked there and ripped all of us guards off at the prison That low life belonged in here with the rest of the prisoners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, Rocco, I don't know the answer to that! :(

    ReplyDelete