Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Yard Sale

 Yesterday was a beautiful day, and my yard sale was a complete success!

Not because I made any money though.   But that wasn't really the point.
My grand total was $31.00. 
(I admit, I've done worse on yard sales!) 

But it was a BEAUTIFUL day out, and I spent most of the day outside.  So that was great.

And my family came over and sat with me, and several friends stopped by to say hi... I was very happy about that.

And I gave some things away, which is always good.  I love to give stuff to people.

I actually tried to give MORE of the stuff away, and people wouldn't take it.   I started getting worried.  We did better getting rid of stuff when my Mom said that I HAD to charge at least a quarter.  THEN, we sold lots of stuff.  Why is that? 

My real goal, all along, was to get rid of some of the massive amounts of STUFF I had at my house.  I have too many decorations and knickknacks and toys from when my kids are little, that I just can't bring myself to just throw out... it's all still GOOD stuff, but stuff I don't need.  So I decided I wasn't bringing anything back in the house.

And it worked!  I got rid of everything!
Even several of my original paintings.  (That was one of the best things about the day; I had a lot of people take my paintings, and say they liked them, so it made me happy, and rather inspired to paint again!)

Whatever people didn't buy or take by the end of the day,  I brought over to the Unique Thrift Shop.  It's an unbelievably huge place, full of people's stuff.  It benefits Lupus, so it's a tax deduction.  You can find it up at the top of Oak Tree Road, on the corner of Park Avenue - the big shopping center on the left (if you are driving from Iselin.)

So if you were one of my customers yesterday, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment