Friday, March 12, 2010

What is this blog about, anyway?

A week or two ago, someone I really respect said to me, "ya know, no one is taking care of Iselin. There are people who look out for the best interests of Woodbridge, or of Colonia, even Avenel, but who's lookin' out for Iselin?"

And I thought about it for a while, and I kinda agreed.

I grew up here. I love my home town.

I grew up in Iselin when almost everyone here was either Italian, or Irish, or Polish, or some combination... When almost everyone went to St. Cecelia's... When it was a working class town.

Iselin's changed a lot over the years. And change is hard. It isn't the sleepy little town we grew up in. But it's got a lot going for it, even so. I want to speak for those of us who live here now, and still love it. And since it's MY blog, I can pretty much say whatever I want.

And what I want to say is this: Haters are NOT WELCOME. This is a place to be positive. Like my mother always said - and yours probably did too - if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

C'mon, people. It's time to be PROUD.

No comments:

Post a Comment