Friday, March 22, 2013

Iselin Newspaper Possibilities...

Looking for the answer to a newspaper that may have been published on a 1924 printing press on Green Street in Iselin, I got these emails... anyone have any other ideas to add?

Cheryl wrote in: 
"Was there a newpaper called the STAR.
I remember someone telling me that Star Street in Iselin was developed because a newpaper gave away parcels of land for a subscription to the paper."
I'd heard that too. I have to look into the Star more.  Wasn't it something like the Star Eagle?

 Joe wrote in: "The Atom Tabloid was located on St. George Avenue just south of Chain O'Hills Road in Colonia.  Hope that helps."  That one is definitely close to Iselin... certainly a good possibility.  The Atom Tabloid was definitely my own first thought.

I really don't have the answer - at least not yet.  I will let you know if I find out more, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment