Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Going for the GOLD!!!

Dagmara Wozniak of Avenel has been in a lot of our local news stories lately, because she's at the Olympics RIGHT NOW, competing in USA Fencing, in the Saber.  You can read her bio HERE, at Team USA.org.

AND RIGHT NOW, she's advanced into the top 8, according to a tweet from her team mate, Tim Morehouse!!!



On her Facebook page, Dagmara wrote: 
"I was born in Wroclaw, Poland and moved to the United States when I was one year old with my parents and my sister. I have been fencing ever since I was 10 and I love it. I first trained at Polish American Fencing School in Linden NJ for about 6 years before moving to New York to train under National Men's Saber Coach Yury Gelman."

It's very exciting ... will Avenel have a GOLD MEDALIST?  I don't know much about fencing, but she is advancing so far.  Good Luck Dagmara!


No comments:

Post a Comment