Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Here is the display from the front of the Iselin Knights of Columbus! :)

It was a windy night last night, I guess, because the wise men had blown over. I didn't touch anything... I actually kinda like the look. Nothing blocking Mary and Joseph. It made me think about something I'd read, about ancient kings insisting that no one stand tall above the King. And if the King is in a manger on the ground, everyone else would need to be bowing very low. So that is what this made me think of... it seems appropriate.

Tonight isn't the night that the Wise Men from the East would have arrived, but it is the night Jesus would have arrived. In Iselin, it's a night to visit family and friends, and maybe go to midnight Mass at St. Cecelia's. Have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment